In the article I will consider what materials to make a cage for parrots with my own hands. What requirements should she meet, as well as how to decorate her. What tools are needed in the manufacture of cages. This article will provide detailed instructions for its manufacture.
How to do it yourself
It seems that for small budgies, it is enough to build a small cage, but in reality this is not so. For a bird to live in comfortable conditions and be full of health, it needs space.
There are two ways out of this situation:
- Regularly release a parrot so that it flies around the house;
- A cell for him to make spacious and dimensional.
One of the most important factors is the shape of the cell, as well as the possibility of its location.
The ideal dimensions of a house for parrots are as follows:
- For a young parrot (age from 2 to 3 months). Here it is necessary to take into account that the bird will grow about 2 times and the small cage will be close to it. It is best to initially build with measurements for an adult parrot, and if you have a couple of parrots living, then you need to calculate for a cage for two birds.
- For an adult parrot. The optimal sizes are 30 – 40 centimeters in width and length, and the height is not less than 50 cm.
- For two adult parrots. Width and length from 40 to 60 cm, and a height of up to one meter.
During construction, you also need to take time to select the building materials from which the house will be built.
Preference should be given to building materials that are safe for poultry.
- Pallet. Strong wood species such as ash, oak are suitable for him.
- The little hearts. Ideal will be the species of trees and shrubs on which fruits and berries grow.
Otherwise, the birds will gnaw it, and it will be necessary to repair or even build a new one, and get rid of the old one.
Materials and Tools
For construction, you will need the following tools and materials:
- Mesh and wire.
- Corners made of metal.
- Wooden plate.
- Plywood sheet.
- Self-tapping screws.
- Screwdriver and drill.
- Scissors for metal.
Necessary materials and tools
Now we will familiarize ourselves with the instructions for making a house:
- First of all, you need to make a pallet. He is the foundation. Dimensions are shown above. The remaining components in size will be customized specifically for him. In order to make a pallet, several blanks are needed – a wooden sheet, four bars. Bars of wood are sheathed in a square. Nails are clogged with hats inward. The sharp edges of the nails should not be directed into the home.
- The next step will be the construction of a metal mesh. You can buy ready-made. This will greatly speed up the process. The main thing is to take into account the sizes and purchase a little more. Scissors for metal will perfectly help in cutting the mesh.
- We collect the grid. This process occurs in stages. First, take two grid plates and place them perpendicular to each other at right angles. Then fasten them firmly and firmly with wire. The sharp ends of the wire should point out of the home. The second stage involves the same process with two more plates. The third both L – shaped workpieces are fastened between each other. The result should be a square.
- The next thing to do is poles. In length they should be equal to the width of the cell. The main thing here is to fix them well, as budgies are very active creatures.
- We collect. During this process, you need to try to avoid mistakes, as it will be much more difficult to remake. A square from the grid is placed on the pallet, but it must be put in exactly as the dwelling will look ready-made. Under each metal wire rod on the bars of the pallet is marked. These dashes or dots will indicate the places where you will need to make recesses to insert a grid. And the holes are drilled. Now we insert the grid into them and fix it with additional screws.
How to decorate
Here it is necessary to take as a basis that the birds are very intelligent and curious birds by nature.
Opposite the poles, it is best to install a drinker and feeder. Suspended small bells and swings will also be great entertainment for the birds. Also, the birds love to look at themselves in the mirror, so that you can’t do without it in the cage.
It will be good to create for the bird not only a comfortable house, but also to diversify its life in the cage
Be sure to be present in the cage: bath for bathing, pumice or chalk (parrots sharpen their beak about them).
Now you can independently not only make a cage, but also decorate it. Some tricks are not tricky and your pet will be the happiest owner of his personal space.